Have you been arrested or charged with a crime in Anna, Texas? If so, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney to protect your rights and defend your freedom. You want an experienced legal team working with you when undertaking a significant legal battle.
The criminal defense attorneys from Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian are ready to help with your case. We recognize the toll that getting arrested can take on your life and reputation. Our experienced defense attorneys can be your guides and protectors in the criminal justice system. We act as strong advocates and work relentlessly to ensure your story is heard.
Our legal team consists of skilled, award-winning negotiators. The attorneys of Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian work diligently to get the charges against you reduced or dropped. It’s important to remember that in the eyes of the law, you are innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof lies with the prosecutor. They must provide solid evidence to show you committed a crime.
However, all too often, it can feel like the system has condemned you since you were arrested. Whether you face a misdemeanor or felony charge, the potential consequences can negatively affect you for life. Call our offices today at (972) 369-0577 to schedule your free, confidential consultation. Find out how we can represent your rights and fight for your freedom.
Why Do I Need a Criminal Defense Attorney?
You might feel overwhelmed and confused if you’re charged with a criminal offense in Anna, Texas. Getting justice quickly and effectively is essential. Some people may think they can represent themselves in a criminal case, especially if charged with a misdemeanor. But the experienced attorneys of Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian have years of experience in court. They understand the gap between what is taught in books and real-life applications. There are critical nuances that only an experienced legal practitioner can interpret and utilize.
Figuring out the criminal law system takes time and energy. By hiring a criminal defense attorney, you can handle other personal matters and rely on your legal team to handle the prosecutor. Experienced attorneys also have professional relationships with experts who can support your case.
If this is your first arrest, you might experience embarrassment, fear, anxiety, and lowered self-esteem. These feelings are often compounded by the fact you don’t know how the criminal justice system works. Without an experienced attorney guiding you, you could say something that gets you even more trouble. The police may take advantage of your inexperience and use intimidation to get you to talk about what led to your arrest.
Hiring an experienced criminal defense trial lawyer should be your first step after an arrest. We can help protect your rights and ensure you don’t make an inadvertent mistake that costs you your freedom.
Our Practice Areas
We have represented clients facing all types of charges, including misdemeanor and felony charges. However, each case is unique, and our past success does not guarantee you will have the same experience. We have experience handling charges for:
- Assault/aggravated assault
- CPS cases
- Domestic violence
- Drug offenses
- DWI/alcohol offenses
- Federal firearms violations
- Injury to a child/family violence
- Juvenile law
- Marijuana possession
- Probation violations
- Sex crimes
- White-collar crimes
What Should I Do if I’m Arrested? What Are My Rights?
Getting involved with the criminal justice system can be overwhelming and frustrating. Even after an arrest, you have rights, and it’s up to the police to preserve them. If the police violate your rights, the court may dismiss the charges against you. There are several steps that you should and should not take following arrest:
- Do not make a statement or say anything without your attorney present. When you are arrested, the police must read you your rights. One of those is the right to remain silent.
- Don’t try to convince the police of your innocence. You may inadvertently say something the police or prosecutor can twist and use against you later. If you are guilty, you could implicate yourself in the crime or say something that triggers more charges. You should only say that you want to speak with your lawyer.
- Be respectful. Police officers have a job to do. If they believe you have committed a crime, it is their job to arrest you. If you are quiet and respectful and do not try to flee the scene, your actions will help improve the impression the police and court system have of you.
- Do not allow the police to search without a warrant. If a police officer arrests you, they have the right to do a limited search of the area. However, they cannot do a thorough search without a warrant. For example, if you get pulled over and arrested while driving, the officer can search you for anything on your person that may harm them. But they may not do a general search of your car unless there is probable cause to believe they will find contraband or evidence of a crime.
- Stay calm. Some people panic when they feel the handcuffs click shut. You mustn’t get aggressive or try to resist. This could lead to more charges against you.
- You have the right to a speedy trial. You have the right to a speedy trial, so you don’t spend long in jail before your first appearance in court. However, you also have the right to waive this right if your Anna, Texas, criminal attorney needs more time to develop a solid defense for you.
- Hire an experienced Anna criminal defense lawyer. The law says you have the right to an attorney to represent and protect your rights. Once you have an attorney, you should only speak to law enforcement if they are with you.
Choose the Experienced Anna, Texas, Legal Team of Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian
At Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian, our attorneys have extensive experience with all types of charges. Our knowledge and experience help us to develop the best defense for your case. We use the information we gather by investigating the circumstances and collecting evidence. We work hard to reduce your charges or have the prosecution dismiss your case entirely.
Being wrongfully accused is unfair and can result in lifelong consequences that were not of your making. It’s up to the prosecutors to prove that you’ve committed a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Your experienced legal team from Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian can raise that doubt in the jurors’ minds. For example, we might contradict false evidence or witness testimony and present proof in your favor.
We deeply respect the criminal justice system and the individuals involved. Our legal team wants to ensure that the people working on your case are honest and treat you fairly. You deserve the right to tell your story. Contact us immediately for a free, confidential consultation if you or a loved one needs a criminal defense attorney.
One of our dedicated lawyers will discuss your case with you and explain your options. You are not alone in this fight when one of our Anna criminal defense attorneys from Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian is working alongside you. Your future is in the hands of the attorney representing you in court. When you hire us, you are our top priority.