Anna Criminal Defense Attorneys
Have you been arrested or charged with a crime in Anna, Texas? If so, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney to protect your rights and defend your freedom. When you are undertaking a significant legal battle, you want an experienced legal team working with you.
The criminal defense attorneys from Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian are ready to help with your case. We recognize the toll that getting arrested can take on your life and your reputation. Inside the complex criminal justice system, your experienced defense attorney serves as your confidant, guide, and protector. We act as strong advocates and work tenaciously to ensure that your story is heard.
Our legal team is made up of skilled negotiators. The award-winning Anna, Texas, criminal defense attorneys of Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian work diligently to get the charges against you reduced or dropped. It’s important to remember that in the eyes of the law, you are innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof lies with the prosecutor. They must provide solid evidence to show you committed a crime.
However, all too often, it can feel like the system has condemned you from the moment you were arrested. Whether you are facing a misdemeanor offense or serious felony charge, the potential consequences can negatively affect your life. Call our offices today at (972) 369-0577 to schedule your free, confidential consultation and find out how we can represent your rights and fight for your freedom.
Why Do I Need a Criminal Defense Attorney?
If you’re charged with a criminal offense in Anna, Texas, you might feel overwhelmed and confused. Getting justice quickly and effectively is essential. Some people may think they can represent themselves in a criminal case, especially if they’ve been charged with a misdemeanor. However, the experienced criminal attorneys of Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian have had years of experience in court. They understand the gap between what is taught in books and real-life application. There are critical nuances that only an experienced legal practitioner can interpret and utilize.
Figuring out the criminal law system takes time and energy. By hiring a criminal defense attorney, you can take care of other personal matters and rely on your legal team to negotiate with the prosecutor effectively. Experienced criminal attorneys also have a network of resources, including experts that may be needed to ensure you get the justice you deserve.
If this is your first arrest, you likely have feelings of embarrassment, fear, anxiety, and lowered self-esteem. These feelings are often compounded by the fact you don’t know how the criminal justice system works. Without an experienced attorney guiding your steps, you may inadvertently say something that gets you in even more trouble. The police may take advantage of your inexperience and use intimidation to get you to talk about what led to your arrest. Hiring an experienced criminal defense trial lawyer should be your first step after an arrest. We can help protect your rights and ensure you don’t make an inadvertent mistake that costs you your freedom.
Our Practice Areas
We have successfully represented clients charged with a variety of criminal offenses, including misdemeanor and felony charges. However, each case is unique, and our past success does not guarantee that you will have the same experience. We have experience representing clients in these areas:
- Assault/aggravated assault
- CPS cases
- Domestic violence
- Drug offenses
- DWI/alcohol offenses
- Federal firearms violations
- Injury to a child/family violence
- Juvenile law
- Marijuana possession
- Probation violations
- Sex crimes
- White-collar crimes
What Should I Do if I’m Arrested? What Are My Rights?
It can be overwhelming and frustrating to get involved with the criminal justice system. Even after being arrested, you have rights, and it’s up to the police to preserve those rights. If your rights are violated, the court may dismiss the charges against you. There are several steps that you should and should not take after being arrested.
- Do not make a statement or say anything without your attorney present. When you are arrested, the police must read you your rights. One of those is the right to remain silent. Don’t try to convince the police of your innocence. You may inadvertently say something the police or prosecutor can twist and use against you later. If you are guilty, you could implicate yourself in the crime or say something that triggers more charges. The only thing you should say is that you want to speak with your lawyer.
- Be respectful. Police officers have a job to do. If they believe you have committed a crime, it is their job to arrest you. If you are quiet, respectful, and do not try to flee the scene, your actions will help improve the impression the police and court system have of you.
- Do not allow the police to search without a warrant. If a police officer arrests you, they have the right to do a limited search of the area. However, they cannot do a thorough search without a warrant. For example, if you are pulled over and arrested while driving, the officer can search you for anything on your person that may harm them. But they may not do a general search of your car unless there is probable cause to believe they will find contraband or evidence of a crime.
- Stay calm. Some people panic when they are placed in handcuffs. It is vital that you do not get aggressive or try to resist. This could lead to more charges against you.
- You have the right to a speedy trial. You have the right to a speedy trial, so you don’t spend a long time in jail before your first appearance in court. However, you also have the right to waive this right if your Anna, Texas, criminal attorney needs more time to develop a solid defense for you.
- Hire an experienced Anna criminal defense lawyer. The law says that you have the right to an attorney to represent you and protect your rights. If you cannot afford one, let the police officer know, and a public defender will be appointed for you. Once you have an attorney, you should only speak to law enforcement if they are with you.
Choose the Experienced Anna, Texas, Legal Team of Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian
At Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian, our criminal defense attorneys have experience defending against charges for a variety of crimes. Our knowledge and experience help us to develop the best defense for your case. We use the information we gather through investigating the circumstances around your arrest and the collection of evidence from law enforcement to help reduce your charges or get your case dismissed.
Being wrongfully accused is unfair and can result in lifelong consequences that were not of your making. It’s up to the prosecutors to prove that you’ve committed a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. It is the responsibility of your experienced legal team from Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian to raise that doubt in the minds of the jurors by thoroughly evaluating and contradicting physical evidence, witness testimony, and presenting information that exonerates you.
We deeply respect the criminal justice system and the individuals involved. Our legal team wants to ensure that the people working on your case are honest and treat you fairly. You deserve the right to tell your story, so the wrong person doesn’t go to jail. If you or a loved one need a criminal defense attorney, contact us immediately for a free, confidential consultation.
One of our dedicated lawyers will discuss your case with you and explain your options. You are not alone in this fight when you have one of the Anna criminal defense attorneys from Rosenthal Kalabus & Therrian working alongside you. Your future is in the hands of the attorney who represents you in court. When you hire us, you are our top priority. Call us today at (972) 369-0577 to schedule your free, confidential consultation. We will discuss your case and offer advice on your next best steps.